Revised 31st Aug 2021
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (UK-GDPR), you have certain rights regarding your data. You have the right to ask us for a copy of any data we hold about you. You have a right to have any data that is incorrect, corrected. You have the right to object to the use of your data. You have the right to have your data provided to you to take elsewhere in a suitable format. You have the right to have your data deleted in certain circumstances. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact our data controller. You also have the right to lodge a complaint about the use of your data with the Information commissioner. Details for the information commissioner and making a complaint can be found on their website at www.ico.org.uk.
- All personal data, such as email address, name, phone number, etc. is collected
solely for the purpose of managing the membership of Jivebeat / Tangosynthesis
and to maintain compliance with various legal requirements.
- Your email address, if provided, will only be used for occasional offers and
newsletters. You may opt out of these at any time.
- Your mobile phone number, if provided, will only be used in cases of emergency,
such as last-minute venue closures or fire safety and evacuation procedures. We will
never call you or spam you with texts.
- We will never link, sell, lend, or otherwise transfer your details to any third party
without your explicit permission, unless required to do so by law.
Note: Jivebeat and Tangosynthesis are brands of the same organisation, so whilst you
may receive information regarding both from time to time no data has been shared with
any other organisation or person in order to achieve this.
- Attendance records shall be retained for a period of five years from the date of
attendance in order to comply with insurance requirements and safeguarding
- You may request a copy of your data at any time, however this is a manual process,
so it may take a few days for the report to be delivered.
Removal of Data
- You may ask to have your data removed from our active system at any time, and we
will comply as soon as possible.
- Attendance records will be retained as required by law even if your details have
been removed from our active system.
Please note also that by removing your data from our system you effectively
terminate your membership of Jivebeat, and so if you wish to attend any of our
events in future you will need to re-join and re-submit your information.
- We will regularly review the data that we retain on our systems, and remove any
information that is no longer required.
The Tangosynthesis iOS App
- The app collects no data and passes no information to us.
For any further information about data retention, processing or privacy, please contact our
data controller Graham Guy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07532 183905
- 30.12.2019 - Corrected the phone number and updated branding
- 31.08.2021 - Added 'Your Rights' section